- Supported Unreal Engine versions
- Download the plugin
- Install the WVS-Plugin for Unreal
- Update the WVS-Plugin
Use the WVS-Plugin for Unreal Engine
This page shows you how to install and use the WVS-Plugin for Unreal so that you can use WVS as a version control and collaboration framework in Unreal Editor.
Using the plugin lets you create and submit changelists without leaving the Unreal Editor. Additionally, when you save changes to your project in Unreal Editor, the editor prompts you on which files you need to check out so you don’t have to find them manually.
Supported Unreal Engine versions
To follow the instructions on this page, you must have the following:
- The latest WVS Desktop client is installed and initialized.
- Unreal Engine is installed.
- A WVS Unreal project is set up and cloned.
- Remove previous versions of the WVS Unreal Plugin.
Download the plugin
Find the latest version of the Unreal Plugin along with our latest clients in our Downloads page.
Install the WVS-Plugin for Unreal
To install the WVS-Plugin for Unreal, you need to add the plugin to the Unreal Editor.
Add the plugin to Unreal Editor
- Download the WVS-Plugin for Unreal.
- Ensure that Unreal Editor is not running.
Navigate to the directory where Unreal Editor is installed. The default installation location is:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\<UE_VERSION>\Engine\Plugins\Editor
Copy the WVSSourceControl directory into the Unreal Editor directory. For example:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Plugins\Editor\WVSSourceControl
- Open your WVS Unreal project in Unreal Editor.
- Once you are in the editor, to enable the plugin, go to Edit > Plugins.
- In the Plugins list, scroll down and locate WVS and click the check box to enable.
- Click to restart the editor.
- In the Unreal Editor toolbar, click Source control > Connect to source control…
Click the Provider dropdown and select WVS.
Your login information is populated once WVS is connected.
- Click Accept settings to complete the installation.
Update the WVS-Plugin
Check back to the plugin download page for new versions of the plugin. Download the new plugin package and remove any WVS plugin files in the Plugins directory before moving the new files in.