Slack slash commands
If you want to control and view WVS content while you’re working in Slack, you can use Slack slash commands. To use Slack slash commands, you must configure both Slack and WVS.
WVS can also send events (for example,
issue created) to Slack as notifications.
The Slack notifications service is configured separately.
Configure WVS and Slack
Slack slash command integrations are scoped to a project.
- In WVS, on the top bar, select My Projects > View All Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Project Settings > Integrations.
- Select Slack slash commands. Leave this browser tab open.
- Open a new browser tab, sign in to your Slack team, and start a new Slash Commands integration.
- Enter a trigger command. We suggest you use the project name. Select Add Slash Command Integration.
- Complete the rest of the fields in the Slack configuration page using information from the WVS browser tab. In particular, make sure you copy and paste the URL.
- On the Slack configuration page, select Save Integration and copy the Token.
- Go back to the WVS configuration page and paste in the Token.
- Ensure the Active checkbox is selected and select Save changes.
You can now use the available Slack slash commands.